When scrolling down a list of e.g. Mail-Accounts in 1PW Mini, the cursor activates websites menus.

Options

I have 10+ Webmail accounts. When I go to my providers website and activate 1PW Mini in Safari it offers the first matching account to the website. When I now scroll down, because no one is not the account I want, then cursor activates a submenu on the website which lies below the window of 1PW. When I now click on the account I want to use, the website menu is still active an an error occurs. Got it?

Seams like a bug to me.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Steff,

Thanks for reporting this; I have a hunch what the issue is …

then cursor activates a submenu on the website which lies below the window of 1PW.

Does the same submenu activates when you hover the cursor over it even without any 1Password windows/menu above it?

Got it?

I think so, especially if you can activate the submenu without 1Password involved. Looking forward to your answer about that. :)

• Steff
    Steff
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

yes, it does. It is a regular functionality of these 'open on hover' menus. They open as soon as the cursor hovers over it. They do this as well, when the 1PW Mini window is between cursor and menu. :-/

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the confirming explanation, @Steff.

I've added your report of this to our bug tracker. I'll sometimes notice a similar thing happening in other app contexts, without 1Password involved. Hopefully our developers can figure out a way to fix it with 1Password involved. :)

Cheers!

ref: OPM-444

• Steff
    Steff
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot. I know that there is a work around. If one starts with 1Password and selecting the account from there the problem does not occur. But changing habits is a difficult thing ... :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed. We'll see what we can do. Thanks again for bringing this up! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Steff,

I've been wondering if there might be an easier workaround for you than this one:

I know that there is a work around. If one starts with 1Password and selecting the account from there the problem does not occur.

Let's first backtrack to this from your original post:

When I go to my providers website and activate 1PW Mini in Safari it offers the first matching account to the website.

How are you activating 1Password mini? If using the ⌘\ or ⌥⌘\ keyboard shortcut instead of clicking the 1Password button in Safari's toolbar, you can drag the mini window (easier with 1Password locked) so it'll open at another spot on the screen where your interactions with it are less likely to trigger actions in underlying browser windows.

And regardless of how you open mini, using the Down/Up Arrow shortcuts for navigating to desired items (and pressing Return to select) instead of with a mouse or trackpad might also reduce triggering underlying browser window actions.

Finally, the Go & Fill method of opening a site and filling on it could be helpful.

Bonus tip: searching in mini can come in handy for narrowing down the choice of items.

But changing habits is a difficult thing ... :-)

Can be, indeed. I hope some of the alternatives above are worth trying to see if any might become a new and more preferable habit in your 1Password workflow. :)

Have a fun weekend, Steff!

This discussion has been closed.