Problem with Master Password when accessing in the computer

Options
ppbarco
ppbarco
Community Member

I have installed 1Password in my computer and in my iPhone. I created an account, I tried it, I entered some data, I liked it, and I want to purchase it (the account is frozen for now once the trial period passed).

But when I try to access my account form my Mac computer (either via Safari or via application ) it tells me that the password is incorrect. Which is very strange, because when I access the account from my iPhone (same account, same Key, same email, same master password, same everything), the master password works and I can access my account (?!?).

Any clue why this is happening? The problem is that I cannot de-freeze my account form the iPhone app as it prompts me to go to the site and do it from there, and I cannot access it.

Or any suggestion on how to proceed?

Many thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Are you by any chance using a non-English keyboard? or accented letters?

Those can sometimes create problems.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ppbarco: Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your Master Password! For your privacy and security, your Master Password is known only by you. No information about your Master Password is ever sent to us. We cannot reset it for you and you cannot change it without entering the old one. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. It sounds like you may have setup a 1Password Account on your iPhone, but perhaps you were using a local vault elsewhere. If so, you may have setup a different Master Password there. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.