Able to sync between app (on my laptop) and iPhone, but nothing is syncing with account in browser.

Options
audsquad
audsquad
Community Member

Hi. New user here. I signed up today, and downloaded the apps for my MacBook Pro and my iPhone, and am sync-ing them (via WLAN). Information in app on my laptop (where it was entered) is showing up on my iPhone. Great! However, when I log in to my account in my browser, I am able to log in, but none of my activity shows up. It says I have 0 items -- when, if I glance over at the app window (or on my phone) there are items. I thought things sync'ed automatically. Doesn't seem to be happening. I've logged out and back in, and that did not fix the problem. Thank you for any help. It's been a slow start for me, unfortunately....

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @audsquad,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble getting 1Password synced up. It sounds to me like there’s some confusion over how things are synced with the 1Password accounts though.

When you sign up for a 1Password account, sync is handled by the server, so there’s no need to use Dropbox, iCloud, or WLAN. In fact, if you’re currently syncing with WLAN, that would explain why you’re not seeing the data in your 1Password account in the web interface.

Please follow the instructions here to move your 1Password data into your 1Password account:

Move your existing 1Password data into a 1Password account

This discussion has been closed.