Purchased apple Mac 1p but can't sync with previous 1P iCloud data.

Options
Hanebuth2
Hanebuth2
Community Member

I had iPhone 1p but couldn't remember password or key to vault. Purchased Apple 1p for mac and install asks to merge with current iCloud data. Can't since I don't know the password or Vault Key. I don't care if I loose the iPhone iCloud information. I just want 1P on my mac and my iPhone and I want it to sync through cloud. What do I do?

1Password Version: just purchased in Apple store for Mac
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: osx el capitan 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:what extensions do i need on applestore 1password?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hanebuth2,

Sorry to hear you forgot your master password! You won't be able to unlock/sync with the copy of your vault in iCloud without its master password, but we can help you erase your 1Password data from iCloud so you can start over.

First, if you haven't already done so, you can set up 1Password for Mac as a new user (choose the option to create a new vault instead of choosing your data in iCloud). Once you've created the new vault with your new master password, go to the menu for Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data. Confirm you want to reset it by clicking the button for "Yes, Remove Remote Data". After a moment you should see a message that confirms the data was reset and sync was disabled (click OK).

Once you've entered some data in your new vault, you can re-enable iCloud sync by following the steps here: How to sync 1Password with iCloud

On your iPhone, I'm assuming you can't currently unlock 1Password because it still asks for your old master password (the one your forgot). If so, you can delete the 1Password app from your iPhone and then reinstall it from the App Store in order to reset it. The first time you open it, you'll have the option of syncing with your iCloud account (if you've synced any 1Password data from your Mac to iCloud, that will sync to your iPhone).

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.