Mac or IOS version? Can I upgrade to family later?

paulseow
paulseow
Community Member

About to buy so some simple questions:
a)I have all Apple devices - Macbook, iPad, iPhone - should I buy the Mac or IOS version or it doesn't matter?
b) I intend to buy a personal (single user) subscription at first. Can I upgrade to family later? If I upgrade, how are the extra charges calculated i.e. will I lose out?
c) one of my kids is on Android (others on IOS/OSX) - how will he sync with the rest of family?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: El Capitan 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upgrading personal to family

Comments

• Hi @paulseow! Welcome to the forum, and thanks for taking time to ask questions before purchasing. :) I'd be happy to answer your questions.

I have all Apple devices - Macbook, iPad, iPhone - should I buy the Mac or IOS version or it doesn't matter?
    I intend to buy a personal (single user) subscription at first. Can I upgrade to family later? If I upgrade, how are the extra charges calculated i.e. will I lose out?

These have similar answers, so I've bundled them. I would definitely recommend the subscription since it includes all the 1Password apps. You don't have to worry about buying one or the other since you pay for them all at once with a simple subscription. You can also upgrade to a family later on if you need to and the price will increase from $2.99/month paid annually to $4.99/month paid annually. You get 5 family members with that, and you're welcome to add more for $1/month each.

one of my kids is on Android (others on IOS/OSX) - how will he sync with the rest of family?

He'll get to sync things just like everybody else. Android is a part of the subscription family like the iOS, Mac, and Windows apps are. :) All he has to do is sign in to his account once you've invited him to the family.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.