Selecting Large Type on Mac client to display a saved password doesnt work as well as on iOS client

Options
tokyo12
tokyo12
Community Member

On iOS client, if I click on the masked Password box, I get a menu that shows "Copy | Reveal | Large Type", and if I select Large Type it displays and I am able to read the password and type it in some other place.

On Mac client i have to hover on the masked Password box to get a dropdown to choose from the same 3 options
So I have to move to the Password box, click once to display the dropdown options, then click on Large Type.

IMHO this would work better if when I move to the Password box, I get a menu that shows all three options "Copy | Reveal | Large Type", similar to the mobile client, rather than a dropdown.

Actually I was not even aware that the "Reveal | Large Type" options were lurking underneath the Copy, and I was going into Edit Mode to copy the password, which I agree was dumb.

Regards.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: N/A

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tokyo12,

Thank you for taking the time to write in with your feedback about that! Because Macs don't have a touchscreen interface like iOS devices do, features like that work a bit differently. So instead of tapping the password and choosing Large Type, you'll need to click the drop-down menu and choose Large Type. But I see what you mean - because you have to hover your mouse over the password field and then click that menu, it takes a little extra effort. I can't make any promises about if/when that might change, but I can certainly forward your feedback to our developers to let them know about your suggestion!

I was not even aware that the "Reveal | Large Type" options were lurking underneath the Copy, and I was going into Edit Mode to copy the password

In case it helps, there are even easier ways to reveal and copy a password:

To temporarily reveal a password, simply hold down the option key on your keyboard. If you want to always see your passwords instead of the dots, go to the View menu in 1Password and disable the option for Conceal Passwords.

To copy a password, simply click on the password field. You don't need to go into Edit mode, and you don't even need to click the 'copy' button - click anywhere on the password to copy it.

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.