Site not asking for one-time password (Mac OS)

Options
Jack31
Jack31
Community Member

New here, was trying to find an answer to my issue here but no luck.

I added a OTP to one of my logins via the app for Mac OS by adding the pw and scanning QR code. However, when I went to the site it never asked/prompted me to enter my OTP. It just logged me straight in. Am I doing something wrong here?

P.S. I made sure my time and date was sync as well.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jack31,

Thanks for writing in for help with the TOTP feature of 1Password!

...when I went to the site it never asked/prompted me to enter my OTP. It just logged me straight in.

Whether or not a website prompts you to enter a one-time password is controlled entirely by the website, so 1Password has no control over that. 1Password just stores/generates the one-time password so you don't need to use a separate app or service to do that.

Just to make sure I understand, did you enable a one-time password feature from your account settings on that site? From your description, it sounds as if you may simply have added a 'One-Time Password' field to the Login item in 1Password. (But if that's the case, I'm not sure what QR code you scanned?)

If you haven't already done so, please make sure you follow the steps in our knowledgebase here: Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Cheers! :)

• Jack31
    Jack31
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG - Thanks for the response, and I was able to get it working. I thought I had enabled on the other side, but I didn't. Now I'm kicking myself for not switching to 1password sooner!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news, @Jack31! Glad to hear the site is now prompting you for the one-time password. And I'm happy to hear you're enjoying 1Password! :)

We're here for you if you need anything else. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.