Some frequently used fields has missed in Credit cards

Hi guys!

I find out that in Credit cards some frequently used fields has missed, like are:

1. Verified by Visa (aka 3D Secure) or MasterCard SecureCode (MCC). It's not the same as CVC/CVV (Verification Number)! It's password you set online at first usage of your card online. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verified_by_Visa for more details;

2. Phone access password. Some banks allow to enter it via DTMF (keypad on your phone), but sometimes you need to say it to operator;

3. Account # belongs to this card (aka Special Card Account). It's differ from card #. It' needed e.g. if you want withdraw money when your card has expired and you will no prolong it. Also it can be used to transfer money inside e-system of your bank issuer.

4. Credit billing date (just day of month). You need to know billing date to calculate free period for credits.

Please investigate possibilities to add them.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    I usually add all this stuff to the "notes" field myself.
  • EIKA
    edited July 2011
    But as you remember, I have a lot of info in Notes, and you don't want to make this filed scalable. I typically have 10-14 lines in my Credit card's Notes field. Because they are too small by didth and height.

And why you have dedicated form for PIN and VN, but not for VbV and Phone password? They are very similar things and typical for most card types.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    EIKA wrote:

...why you have dedicated form for PIN and VN, but not for VbV and Phone password? They are very similar things and typical for most card types.

My guess is that VbV and (possibly even) Phone password have become more common since the template for the Credit Card item subtype was developed.

Remember, 1Password for Windows shares the same data format as 1Password for Mac, which has been around for quite a while.

We'll definitely consider this a request for enhancement of the Credit Card item subtype, EIKA. Thanks for letting us know it would be useful to you!
  • EIKA
    edited July 2011
    I don't know how old your Mac software, but I use VbV/MCC for about 4 years. Here, in such backward country as Russia.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    Yes, the 1Password data format was created before 3-D Secure systems (e.g. Verified by Visa, etc.) were in place. We are considering custom templates in the future which would allow you to make your own modifications since everyone has different needs. I don't have a time frame for this, but it is on our radar. :-)

Cheers,
  • EIKA
    edited July 2011
    It will be best option. I show 1Pass on iPad to my friend and he show me mSecure, where all fields can be user deifned. I am envy!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    We have ideas for various kinds of customization options that we plan to include in a future releaase; but it'll require a nearly simultaneous update to all of our 1Password products on all the platforms, so it's no small undertaking, and I have no information about what enhancements might be included or when they might become available.
This discussion has been closed.