Download of add on for Firefox connection failure

Options
ohrinerek
ohrinerek
Community Member

Download of add on for Firefox (47.0.1) results in message of connection failure on both primary and secondary download sites

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ohrinerek,

I'm sorry you're getting an error when trying to install the 1Password extension in Firefox! We'll help figure this out one way or another.

You said you're using Firefox 47.0.1, but the latest stable version of Firefox is currently 48.0.1. Can you try installing the latest update for Firefox to see if that makes a difference? You can check for updates by going to Firefox > About Firefox in the menubar. Once it downloads the update, it will ask you to restart Firefox to complete the installation.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• ohrinerek
    ohrinerek
    Community Member
    Options

I have updated to Firefox 48.0.1 but still get the same message the add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ohrinerek,

Do you happen to use any firewall or anti-virus software on your Mac? If so, it might be blocking the extension from being downloaded in Firefox (for example, I've seen this happen before with Avast). You can try temporarily disabling any extensions or apps that might be blocking the extension and see if that helps.

Alternately, you can try downloading the Firefox extension from a different browser and then install it in Firefox:

• Open the following link in Safari: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    • Click the link for Show all extensions.
    • Click the Install button for Firefox in order to download the extension.
    • Find the downloaded extension in your Downloads folder and drag it into a Firefox window.
    • Firefox should ask if you want to install the extension - click Install.

If you have trouble dragging the extension into a Firefox window, you can double-click the .xpi file that you downloaded. It should give you the option to Choose Application, and when you click that, a dialog will open so you can pick Firefox (if Firefox is grayed out, change the "Enable" popup menu to All Applications, and then you'll be able to choose Firefox).

Does that help? Let us know how it goes, thanks!

• ohrinerek
    ohrinerek
    Community Member
    Options

The Safari browser use for download was successful.

thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that worked. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.