how to type in data into secure notes in my vault. Just bought 1PW today but can't input!!

Options
RobertAdelski
RobertAdelski
Community Member

I just bought your software today for 64 USD so need to get it running. All set up in my brower (Google Chrome) on my MacAif
Created a vault ''Bob" but cant figure out how to input info! I want to use secure notes and type in some data lists. Please advise, thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6 El Capitan
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to type in data into secure notes in my vault. Just bought 1PW today but can't input!!

Comments

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

I am struggling to understand your question. You have the app and you have registered it. Just press on the "+" icon to create a new entry.

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @RobertAdelski! Welcome to the forum, and to 1Password. :) There are a few ways to input data. First, if you launch the main 1Password app (the mini icon in the menu bar or browser has a gear button in it; click that and click Open 1Password) you'll see a + button like @JamesHenderson mentioned, and that will have all sorts of item options, like Logins and Secure Notes. If you're looking to save website login information, I'd recommend doing that from you browser:

Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC

Let us know how that goes!

• RobertAdelski
    RobertAdelski
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks your comments. Sorry I should be clearer: Yes I noticed all the various forms I can use for specifics (CC, Social Security #, etc) . And I know I can type info/data on a document and put that document into the vault. But: is there any way I can create a document (or any format) where I can type in a list. Type directly from my keyboard into a list, and store it in the vault. Then whenever I want open it and type more or delete sections, etc? Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RobertAdelski,

...is there any way I can create a document (or any format) where I can type in a list. Type directly from my keyboard into a list, and store it in the vault.

Just to make sure I understand: Are you asking how to create/edit a Secure Note item in 1Password? Or are you asking how to attach a file (like a text or word processing file, spreadsheet, etc) to an item in 1Password?

Secure Notes are great for entering data that doesn't really fit into the other item categories in 1Password. You can type whatever you want into the main 'notes' field (a list, a paragraph, etc). To create a Secure Note, open the 1Password app, click the + button, and choose "Secure Note" - you'll be able to enter a title for the item, enter text in the notes field, and so on (then click Save when you're done). You can edit an existing Secure Note (or any other type of item) whenever you want - just click the Edit button and make your changes. When you're done, click the Save button to save the changes you've made.

On the other hand, if you have a file saved somewhere on your Mac that you want to attach to an item in 1Password, you can do that too. We explain how to add and edit attachments in our user guide here: Attach a file

I hope this helps, but if I misunderstood, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• RobertAdelski
    RobertAdelski
    Community Member
    Options

Drew, Ok all solved now thanks your tips, guess I was confused a bit. Thanks!

• Jacob
    Options

On behalf of Drew, you're welcome. :) If you have any other questions feel free to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.