Cannot copy password from 1P item and paste into forms on Safari since upgrading to 1P6.3.2.

Options

Several credit card accounts do not automatically fill when clicking from 1P. CapitalOne makes one type in the username; American Express and Citi take the username but one has to copy the password from 1P and insert it with Command-V into the space on the Safari page. This has worked with no problem for years. I recently upgraded to 6.3.2 and it does not work. I have to copy the long passwords by typing. Not good. What is the problem? How do i solve it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot copy password from 1P item and paste into forms on Safari since upgrading to 1P6.3.2.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jim_Wechsler: Ultimately we can't "solve" the chaos of the internet of webforms, but often there's a workaround:

Indeed, the Citi login page you referenced there clears out the username field after 1Password fills it. Unfortunately we haven't yet found a way to work around this particular problem.

Fortunately there's a better way. Just follow these steps to manually save a new login:

1. Navigate to https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do (this login portal works much better)
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

And if you'll let us know the other URLs where you're having trouble alone with the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, we'll see what we can come up with. :)

• Jim_Wechsler
    Jim_Wechsler
    Community Member
    Options

Actually what you said and what I said is not true. The problem seems to have been a conflict between either 1 Password and another program (presumably a productivity utility but I don't know which one) or between the OS and said application. Without doing anything other than changing the log-in items and then shutting down and restarting, the problem was eliminated.My best guess is that the utility in question was TimeOut

• Jacob
    Options

@Jim_Wechsler Well that's certainly a bit different than what I expected. To be clear, you're saying that when TimeOut has activated you aren't able to fill with 1Password? I don't personally use TimeOut, but I know it disables your computer every so often to give you a break. I've not heard of it interfering with 1Password's filling, though. I assume you're not trying to fill while it's active? ;)

• Jim_Wechsler
    Jim_Wechsler
    Community Member
    Options

Not trying to fill in when it is active. I was just guessing, though, so TimeOut may not be guilty. I switched to another somewhat simpler utility called Recess. anyway 1P is now working beautifully as I have come to expect.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah! Thanks for the update. That's definitely not something I've heard of before, so I appreciate you following up with that information. I'm glad to hear that all is well after switching utilities. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.