Problem connecting to server "time capsule 53227d"

Options
colin123
colin123
Community Member

I keep getting a dialog box popup saying there is a problem connecting to the server "Time Capsule 53227d". It happens randomly but goes ballistic when I open 1password.. The following line entry is from the activity monitor and preceeds the message:

29/08/2016 09:28:14.979 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper[479]: 632000 [APP:(Secondary Thread 0x7f931b39c2b0):] E securityScopedURLFromBookmarkData: | Unable to create URL from bookmark data (stale=NO): Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=64 "kOTSerialFramingErr / EHOSTDOWN: / Host is down"

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks

Colin

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: direct to iphone

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @colin123! Welcome to the forum. :) That's an interesting error, and certainly not one I have seen before. I do have some ideas about it, though. You mentioned that you sync directly to your iPhone; do you also happen to use folder sync with your Time Capsule? What happens when you eject the drive and open 1Password, then do a few things?

• colin123
    colin123
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jacob, I think in the early days (a year ago) I may have set up the time capsule as a folder sync, but it was definitely switched off on the Sync prefs. However, I had more confidence in the iPhone sync. I physically removed the Time Capsule from the network a few weeks ago and that was when the problem started. I guess that 1Password was always looking for the Time Capsule even though it didn't need it. Yesterday, I deleted 1P from the Mac and the problem has not reoccurred since. However....I now have a problem reloading 1P - When I go to the Apple Store and click on install it says "Could not complete your purchase. The product distribution file could not be verified. It may be damaged or was not signed." I have the app on my iPhone, iPad, and Macbook Air.

Thanks

Colin

• Jacob
    Options

@colin123 Well that's very interesting. Thanks for the update. Could you first try rebooting your computer real quick? Once you've done that, head to the Applications folder and make sure 1Password isn't still there. Then get the app from the App Store one more time. You already own it I assume, so there shouldn't be a purchase error when you try installing it. Make sure you're signed in with the same account you used to purchase it before. ;)

That error actually won't go away if you just removed the 1Password app from your computer and reinstall it again. The app data is stored somewhere else. If you have your data on another computer, you're welcome to start over from scratch on this one which should also resolve the sync error:

How to start over with an empty vault

That will, of course, require that the app is installed and locked. Let me know how it goes!

• colin123
    colin123
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jacob, I seem to have solved the problem - although I originally bought the app via the Apple Store, I downloaded it yesterday from the website, I then unzipped and installed it and it automatically picked up all the password data from somewhere!. Since I did this there has been no re-occurrence of the Time Capsule dialog box, and 1Password is running quicker - it had been taking ages to populate the backups list and the various Prefs details. So all seems well....so far. Many thanks fro your help on this one.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @colin123

On behalf of Jacob, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that things are working well now for you! If you have any other problems or there's anything else that we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.