Can't sync using Wifi from iOS version 3.5.9

Options
slackandsteel
slackandsteel
Community Member

I am running a very old version of 1Password version 3.5.9 and syncing to my Mac on on the same network is failing with the message "Safari can't open the page "10.1.57.202:52286" because the server where this page is located isn't responding. The address is the one that 1Password told me to type in browser window.

1Password Version: 3.5.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.3
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• slackandsteel
    slackandsteel
    Community Member
    Options

Forgot to mention I am attempting this as I need to reset my iOS. Tried Dropbox sync and that failed but this is expected as the Dropbox API changed per a support article I read here.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @slackandsteel,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. 1Password 3 for Mac can only sync with 1Password 3 for iOS (and vice versa) when syncing via WiFi.

Our new WLAN syncing in 1Password 6 requires you be up to date on both ends:

How to use the WLAN server

P.S. Please note that WLAN syncing is considered an advanced option, and we'd only recommend it if you are comfortable troubleshooting issues with your wireless network. If you are not, we offer a number of other sync options:

Sync your 1Password data

Thanks!

Ben

• slackandsteel
    slackandsteel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. Will check out my Mac's version when I get home. That could be the issue.

• Ben
    Options

Very good. Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• slackandsteel
    slackandsteel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I've just purchased and installed the latest Mac version of 1Password. When I attempt to start it, it told me to uninstall the 1Password 3 browser extension. I'm attempting to follow the steps given for that. First, I closed the new 1Password, and opened 1Password 3. Then opened a new tab (Chrome) and went to a bank's site (one I don't have an account with) and filled in the user name and passcode with random characters, but did not submit per the instructions. Following the instructions, I clicked the key icon on the upper right of the browser toolbar, which brought me to the Logins screen, but I was unable to save the login.

I then launched a "New Chrome Window" instead of just a new tab. That did the trick and I was able to create the new login per the instructions, naming it "Ready to uninstall 1Password 3 extension!" per the instructions. I then went back to 1Password and that Login did not show up. Tried relauching 1Password, still not there. Finally, I started over, but this time shortened the name to how I feeling - "AARGH!". That short name worked!

Now I close 1Password 3 and launch the new version. It asks me if I have existing data or start a new vault. I've already made a backup of my 1Password 3 data so I choose to restore to backup. The Choose Backup button does not recognize my 1Password 3 backup file because it does not have the ".1p4_zip" extension. My backup has the extension "agilekeychain_zip".

Help!

Thanks
    Bill

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi Bill,

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• slackandsteel
    slackandsteel
    Community Member
    Options

My Support ID number is #FDM-24136-867. Filed it yesterday prior to see your message today.

• Thanks @slackandsteel. It looks like Greig has already replied to your email and is helping you there. We'll continue the conversation by email. Thanks!

Ben

• slackandsteel
    slackandsteel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I have not received any email from AgileBits other than the automatic response to filing the Diagnostic Report a few days ago. Can you please ping Grieg for me and have him email again using the same address I used when filing the report. Thanks!

• @slackandsteel

I've just re-sent Greig's message. We did send to the email address you sent us the report from (which also happens to be the email address you have registered here in the forums).

Thanks.

Ben

ref: FDM-24136-867

• slackandsteel
    slackandsteel
    Community Member
    Options

Got it. Thanks!

• slackandsteel
    slackandsteel
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to resolve the issue using the instructions Greig provided. Thank you!

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. :)

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.