Is there an OVERVIEW document comparing the new 1Password with 1Password 6 ?

Options
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Lounge

Please take this as a compliment... I've been away from this forum for quite a while, but I use 1P6 daily - with no significant problems.

But coming back to the forum, I am bewildered by discussions of the current version, e.g., Families, Accounts, Personal Vaults, 1Password Extension, etc.

I assume there must have been some kind of lead up here in the Forum to this new version where all this was explained... especially for current users and the differences between existing uses and the new pathways and options. But I haven't found it yet. Any hints on where to start my catch up ?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Firefox
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:overview of current 1password

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lamplighter

Thank you very much for your so kind words and welcome back to the forums! We have been quite busy here at AgileBits, always trying to make 1Password better :chuffed:

In short, existing users have a license, that is payed for once and then is good for that version without limitations. Your data is stored locally and synced by yourself. With the new accounts you have a subscription that includes the latest version of the apps in all platforms and your data is stored on our servers. This means that you don't have to worry about syncing and that you have many more amazing sharing capabilities. You can find some more details on all this on this post: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest

As you might see on the date, we just knew you'd ask the question so we wrote it just in time! ;)

Please let us know your thoughts on all this, and if you have any questions or anything else that you'd like to know about 1Password we'll be here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.