Chase Online Account Becomes Locked When using 1Password to Populate Log-in Fields

Options

I am using Firefox 48.0.1 with the 1Password browser extension installed. When I go to https://chaseonline.chase.com/ and use the browser extension to populate the log-in username/password fields this is successful. However next when I click on the Sign-in button, it immediately says by account is now locked. I went through the steps to unlock my account. I then logged-in by typing in my username/password manually and everything is fine. When I go back to use 1Password to populate the fields and then Sign-in, my account gets locked again.

My guess is there is some security feature their site is using to see if the username/password fields are being auto-populated. Are you aware of this and do you have any recommendations for how I can proceed without having my account become locked each time I attempt to log-in using 1Password on this site?

Thank you for your assistance.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

I am not seeing this behavior, using Safari 10 on 10.12 with 1Password Safari beta extension 4.5.9b3, and 1Password App 6.5b16.

Just a post for the staff, who maybe looking for similarities or browsers it may or may not happen with etc.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sgurnick

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble using 1Password with Chase site. I'm going to move your question to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" category so the right people will be able to see it and help you better. :chuffed:

I did some testing and the link that you gave us seems to be working for me as well. Could you please try saving the login manually and see if it helps? If it doesn't do the trick please let us know so we can investigate further :chuffed:

Please let us know what you find out!

• sgurnick
    sgurnick
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar. Your procedure for saving the login manually seems to have worked. I was able to log-in successfully. I will remember this moving forward should this happen again. Thank you for your help.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sgurnick

You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that saving the login manually did the trick! Sometimes, specially when somethings on a site have changed, saving the login manually helps 1Password pick up the details of what should go where, so it's a good trick to keep under your sleeve!

If there's anything else that we can help you with, we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.