Annual plan with varying team members

I have the monthly plan with currently 4 team members. I'd like to switch to the annual plan and I understand from other forum threads that my early adopter bonus will stay in place.

However, how does the annual plan work as I add team members and also occasionally remove team members? If on month two I remove Harry, but then on month three I add Sally and Jen, will Harry's money apply to my account? Will I pay the difference for the one net new member or for the two added members?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:billing, kb:undefined, kb-search:billing

Comments

• Hello @hesspaul,

Thanks for asking! It's a great question :)

The last thing we want to happen when you pay annually is to have you lose money when your team changes. After all, the only thing constant in life is change :)

What we do is when you pay annually we bill your credit card for the entire amount for the entire year for each of your 4 team members. When you expand your team to (say) 6 people, we will calculate the amount of time left in your yearly subscription and prorate an additional charge accordingly. For example, if you had 9 months left until your next annual renewal and, we'd charge you credit card for those additional 9 months as a single charge.

In the event that someone decides to leave your team and sail around the world, you will be issued a credit for any time remaining. This credit will then be taken off your next yearly renewal.

I hope that helps clear things up. Please let me know if you'd like me to elaborate on any of these points or if I spurred any additional questions.

Take care,

++dave;

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member

Thanks @dteare that's a great way to handle it

• Cool! Glad I could help :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.