Frustrated with 1Password V6 !!

Simdog
Simdog
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi I am using Vers 6.0186d on windows 10. I am signed up to the monthly recurring plan and i am so frustrated with this product. I have been using 1Pass since V3 on my MAC but the windows version is so poor in comparison i am reluctant to update my MAC

The helper is not working properly in my browser when i open this it says the helper must be running and the main program opens (This is no use to me)

I also cannot edit or view any of my passwords or update if i change the site password as i am prompted to do on the Mac version

I really don't find this as user friendly as my previous experience. Hopefully i am doing something wrong and it is an easy fix otherwise i will be looking at alternative Password management programs

thanks

1Password Version: 6.0186d
Extension Version: No Idea not working
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: ??

Comments

• Hi @simdog,

I've moved your thread to our Windows Beta forum since you're using 1Password 6 Beta for Windows. You're not doing anything wrong, 1Password 6 Beta is a brand new program early in its development and it is going to take some time to implement all features.

Right now, 1Password mini cannot save new data or update your existing Login items, it can only do one function, which is to fill your existing Login items. It doesn't have the rest of the features implemented yet, like saving new data, filling with credit card/identity items, editing or viewing your all of items, these are coming in the near future. For now, you can edit/save new changes in the main program.

As for the Helper is not running message, that will happen every time you try to use 1Password mini before opening the main program first. We will implement the ability to keep 1Password mini running all the time, so you don't have to open the main app anymore but I don't have a timeframe on this.

If you did unlock the main 1Password 6 Beta app prior to opening the browser and you still see Helper is not running tab, that would mean you have an anti-malware solution interfering with 1Password mini. Can you tell me what anti-malware solution is installed on your PC?

• Simdog
    Simdog
    Community Member

Hi Mike, Thanks for the response. I am suprised that you move all your new users straight on to the Beta Version rather than a fully functional released one. Maybe i clicked the wrong link on installation but I can't remember doing this

I am using Bit Defender Antivirus Plus 2016 on this machine

What is the latest "Released" Version and where can I download it please

Thanks

• Hi @Simdog,

The latest stable version is 1Password 4 but it doesn't support 1Password.com service. You can find 1Password 4 here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

There is no stable version of 1Password 6 for Windows that works with 1Password.com. 1Password 6 Beta is safe to use within its limited feature set.

• alexsab
    alexsab
    Community Member

Hi,

What do you call "the main program" (...For now, you can edit/save new changes in the main program...)?
    I'm a new user, with the 1password 6 version for windows 10. Once I've made a loggin entry, I cannot modify it, even when logged in online 1password.com
    Thanks

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @alexsab,

What do you call "the main program"

The main program is the maximized version of the application that contains both main lists and item details page. It looks like this:

Once I've made a loggin entry, I cannot modify it, even when logged in online 1password.com

If you're unable to edit entries in your vault, you may not have sufficient permissions to do so. You can direct your admin to this article to change your permissions

This discussion has been closed.