Can I "Create a Login item" choose the name of the website on Mac OS X like iOS?

Options

When I "Create a Login item" in 1Password on Mac OS X,
I can't choose the name of the website quickly and easily.

On OS X, it likes this pic:

I want When I "Create a Login item" in 1Password on Mac OS X,
I can choose the name of the website quickly and easily, like in 1Password on iOS, like this pic:

Thx.

1Password Version: 6.3.2 on OSX
Extension Version: 6.4.4 on iOS
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:mac Create a Login item

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @darkakia,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your question about creating new Login items! I can definitely help you out with this.

On a Mac (or a Windows PC), the best way to create a new Login item is to do so from your web browser by using the 1Password browser extension. Just sign into a website and 1Password should ask you if you want to save a Login. When you do it that way, 1Password fills in the name of the website for you. We show you how to do that here: Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC

In 1Password for iOS, the app extension doesn't have all the same capabilities as the browser extension for Mac and Windows, so it isn't able to automatically prompt you to save new Login items from web browsers. Therefore, we added the Login item creator to make it easier to save new Logins in 1Password for iOS. But on Mac and Windows, it's easier & better to use the browser extension to save new Logins.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any questions about that. Cheers! :)

• darkakia
    darkakia
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG,

I would appreciate your reply, thank you very much.

But I am also sorry, that I can't choose the name of the website quickly and easily in 1password for Mac.
    I real want to "Create a Login item" can choose the name of the website.

Why?

Because, 1Password for Mac can't automatically keyin ID and password in the right place.

Like on the website of Amazon, I want to change password,
    but 1Password extension for Mac can't know which one is the old password, and which one is new password.
    It will save the old password again...
    The new password won't be saved.

If I don't copy and paste the new password in other place,
    I'll lost the new password.

I was lost my new password on Amazon.cn today......Orz

I can't trust 1Password extension for Mac now.
    I need to create information on 1Password for Mac by myself,
    even using copy and paste.

So, I real want to "Create a Login item" can choose the name of the website quickly and easily, like 1Password app for iOS.

And can you fix 1Password extension for Mac?
    Make sure it smarter and smarter than now.
    I don't want to lost my any new password.

Thank you very much.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @darkakia,

Thank you for the additional information. If I understand, it sounds like the reason you're creating a new Login item directly in the main 1Password app is because you're having trouble changing a password for an existing Login item from your web browser. Is that correct? I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum so we can get more help with this issue if necessary.

In order to change your password on Amazon.com (or other websites) as well as in 1Password, please make sure you follow the steps here: Change your passwords and make them stronger

If you follow those steps but aren't prompted to update your Login item with the new generated password, you can still find that new password by following the steps here: If you generated a password that wasn't saved, or you can't sign in

Does that help? If you have trouble updating an existing Login item with a new generated password, please let us know which step isn't working as described in those instructions, and we'll be happy to continue helping you with that. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.