Fitbit for mac (app store version) will not fill in fitbit.com. All other sites work.

I 1Password Version 6.3.2 (632000) Mac App Store. It will not fill in the fitbit.com site, not matter what I try. All other sites work, as far as I can tell. This is new behavior in the last week or so.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:fitbit

Comments

• Hi @aah_03087! Thanks for posting about this. Could you please try saving a new Login item for Fitbit and use that to fill?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

I just tested this on the same version you're using in Safari and Chrome and it worked as expected. :) Let us know how it goes for you!

• aah_03087
    aah_03087
    Community Member

No luck.

I try to save a new login as described in the link. When I choose the "Save new login" menu item

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aah_03087

Could you please tell us exactly which version of the browsers you have installed and which version of the 1Password extension you are running? I have tried saving the login manually in Safari and I'm experiencing what I think is the same thing as you: when you click on "Save new login" nothing happens, is this what you see? Is the site that you're using exactly this: https://www.fitbit.com/login ? Your answers will help us pin point the problem so we can help you better :chuffed:

• aah_03087
    aah_03087
    Community Member

Yes, what you describe is exactly what I see. My Safari version is 9.1.2 (11601.7.7). I'm not sure what you mean by 1Password extension. The version I see when I open 1Password is 6.3.2 (632000) Mac App Store version.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aah_03087

Thank you for your answers, could you try something for me please? Can you restart your computer and try again to save the login manually as described by Jacob? That did the trick for me and 1Password is working properly on the site you mention now :chuffed:

Please let us know what you find out!

• aah_03087
    aah_03087
    Community Member

What you suggested dod not work. I re-installed the extension, and that did work.

Now I have a new questions: I have the app store version of 1Password. I un-installed the extension, and then re-installed it by selecting "Install Browser extensions..." from the 1Password menu. It brought me to a 1Password site, rather that the app store. Is this the correct version? In my downloads folder I see "1Password.safariextz". Is this correct, or should I be getting this from somewhere else.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aah_03087,

Glad you had success after reinstalling the extension, so I'm not sure why you uninstalled it after that. :)

The 1Password extension for Safari is available from Apple's Safari Extensions Gallery and from the AgileBits website. Whichever one you choose will work with 1Password from the Mac App Store (like you have) or 1Password from the AgileBits website.

We always submit new (stable) extension versions to Apple for inclusion in the Safari Extensions Gallery, and it's up to them to approve those so that tends to take some time. We're waiting for their approval of 4.5.9 (they're still offering 4.5.8), same as the latest stable version from our website.

It brought me to a 1Password site, rather that the app store. Is this the correct version? In my downloads folder I see "1Password.safariextz". Is this correct, or should I be getting this from somewhere else.

Did you double-click the 1Password.safariextz file to finish its installation? If that version (4.5.9 at the moment) worked for you earlier, go for it. :+1:

And to get newer future updates automatically (from Apple), you can do what's suggested in step 3 under Safari in How to keep the 1Password browser extension up to date:

Make sure you have enabled “Automatically update extensions from the Safari Extensions Gallery”.

With it enabled comes the convenience of not having to check whether or not the extension needs to be manually updated. Even when it's temporarily a slightly older version from Apple that seems better than being stuck with an even older one from our website that you've forgotten to manually update. :)

• aah_03087
    aah_03087
    Community Member

I just tried re-installing the version from Apple store (4.5.8). That one does not work with Fitbit, but seems to work with everything else I use. When I went back to 4.5.9, Fitbit works fine. So, it appears that the apple store version doesn't like Fitbit.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aah_03087,

Thanks for checking which extension version did/didn't work for you with Fitbit and letting us know the results. Sounds like you're good to go with 4.5.9 from the AgileBits website.

If you run into other issues or have any questions we're here to help. Have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.