Transferring from License to Team Account Version

Options

We are in the process of moving from the license version to a team account. I have successfully moved all of the usernames and passwords but how do I remove the old 1Password shared vaults from the license version on everyone's computer? Is it recommended we uninstall 1Password and then reinstall using the team account or do we manually have to delete each shared vault on everyone's computer. (The vaults are currently being shared in DropBox.) Same with transferring Primary to Personal? TIA!

1Password Version: 4.0.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:transfer to team

Comments

• Hey @andreaatfilene! Glad to hear you signed up for 1Password Teams. :) There's no need to remove the uninstall 1Password for migrating things into the team account. I'm curious, though, where you got that impression? I want to make sure we're not adding some confusion there, because we definitely don't want people uninstalling what they have now.

The reason why we don't want you uninstalling 1Password is because your data that is stored there may be lost. So, to move things over from your existing Dropbox setup, we'll use the app you already have. You mentioned running 4.0.9, which is a very old version of 1Password that doesn't support accounts. Since you're running El Capitan, you can update to the latest version, 6.3.2. Just launch 1Password and choose 1Password -> Check for Updates from the menu bar. Once the update is installed, let's move your existing data over to the team:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

For personal items, the Personal vault is best. If the items are going to be shared with your team you can put them in the Shared vault or one that is shared with specific team members. Let us know how things go! :)

• andreaatfilene
    andreaatfilene
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome sauce! Worked like a charm. To delete the old vaults on the licensed version and that are no longer in use and do not want others accessing, do I simply delete the files from the shared DropBox account? Thanks again!

• @andreaatfilene Good question. First, delete the vault from the app itself by switching to it and choosing 1Password -> Delete Vault from the menu bar. Then remove it from Dropbox as well. You can remove the whole 1Password folder from Dropbox if you are no longer using any of them. :) Hope that helps!

• andreaatfilene
    andreaatfilene
    Community Member
    Options

Super duper! Appreciate your speedy responses and assistance!

• Anytime. :)

This discussion has been closed.