Item pane in vault view too narrow.

When i view a vault, the pane (not sure of correct terminology) that lists the items is too narrow. Many of the items have long titles and the distinguishing text is truncated. So if I have a bunch of items like:

Red Apple Production DB - seed
Red Apple Production DB - peel
Red Apple Production DB - core
Red Apple Production DB - worm

All I see is a list of:

Red Apple Production D...

This is the vertical pane that lists all the items that has a search box at the top.
This is under: Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 (64-bit) OS X 10.11.6
I have font size in chrome set to "medium", small is too hard to read for me.

This issue occurs regardless of the width of the window.

Is there any way for me to widen this window?
Ideally the window should automatically changes size (within reason) to show the title of each item.
If that's not possible, being able to manually widen the pane would be nice.
If that's not possible, a horizontal scroll bar would help (but that would be kind of a pain).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:window narrow

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jtang

Thank you for your input on 1Password and how you'd like to see the interface of the in browser app. While I don't think automatically changing this would yield the best results I do agree that being able to move it manually would be a good idea! While I can't say whether if or when this would happen, I hope that we can see this implemented on the UI of 1Password in the browser some time. I'll pass your comment along to our developers.

While this happens, you have a couple of workarounds to help your workflow. First, to use the desktop app: this functionality is available in the full app for 1Password for Mac and would probably make things easier. While you've most likely thought about this, a more general workaround would be to simply use shorter names for now. Maybe write Prod instead of Production, remove the space between Red Apple, etc. I'm well aware that this is less elegant than what you propose, but it will get things done for now :chuffed:

Please let us know what you think about all this :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.