iPad Browser Options.. What do I tell my parents?

binaryeric
binaryeric
Community Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I successfully managed to get my parents switched over to using 1Password about 2 years ago and have been working with them to upgrade all of their passwords, create good password habits, and let 1P handle everything for them. It started out a bit rough but now they are both using it smoothly...

... now they want an iPad.

Obviously after about 5 minutes, they are going to try to sign into their online banking or some other site and want to know what they are supposed to do... They don't know or care that mobile Safari doesn't have "plug-ins" They just expect it to work the same... it's Safari... what's the problem?

So... Does Agile have any ability or plans to integrate with any other iPhone OS browsers such as iCab, Opera, etc??

Are there any functions that the built-in browser is unable to do? The last time I tried the browser that is built into 1P for iPhone, it crashed on nearly every site I tried... javascript, flash,... basically anything other than html caused the whole app to crash.

So what do I tell them? "Sorry you can't buy an iPad because you use 1Password" or "Yeah it will work great and here's how!" :)

Help!

Comments

• binaryeric
    binaryeric
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for your reply Stu.

It looks like to me that if the 1P(ad) browser is decent, the most obvious missing element is the user's bookmarks. If Agile could create a bookmark import capability that would help a lot.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    binaryeric wrote:
    It looks like to me that if the 1P(ad) browser is decent, the most obvious missing element is the user's bookmarks. If Agile could create a bookmark import capability that would help a lot.

I don't know that the intent of the built-in browser is to replace Mobile Safari entirely, and gaining access to another app's information is extremely limited at the moment. We'll keep these things in mind as we further developer the app. Our goal is to improve your experience where ever possible.
  • binaryeric
    binaryeric
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    MartyS wrote:
    I don't know that the intent of the built-in browser is to replace Mobile Safari entirely, and gaining access to another app's information is extremely limited at the moment. We'll keep these things in mind as we further developer the app. Our goal is to improve your experience where ever possible.

I'm not asking you to 'sync' the bookmarks from Mobile Safari. I'm asking you to sync the bookmarks from Safari in OSX via 1P Desktop to 1P Touch.

The bookmark file is a plist and it seems like this would be relatively easy.
  • binaryeric
    binaryeric
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    MartyS wrote:
    I don't know that the intent of the built-in browser is to replace Mobile Safari entirely,....

Also, at the moment, I don't see what other choice Agile has than to replace Mobile Safari entirely, at least when it comes to accessing sites using 1P login data. Unless Apple suddenly allows a way for apps to exchange information (doubtful for 4.0 since we haven't heard about it yet) it seems that this is likely the only option that Agile (and all of its customers) have for at least another year... maybe 5.0... shrug
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    binaryeric wrote:
    I'm not asking you to 'sync' the bookmarks from Mobile Safari. I'm asking you to sync the bookmarks from Safari in OSX via 1P Desktop to 1P Touch.

The bookmark file is a plist and it seems like this would be relatively easy.

Thanks for the clarification.
This discussion has been closed.