public computers

Options

I have standalone 1Password installed on my desktop Mac and have synced it to my Iphone and Ipad. So I have my password with me. I just created a trail Family account to see how it could benefit me.

I want to you computer which is either public or not mine and still be able to fill in browsers with the passwords from my Family account. How do I do this?

I have copied all my password my my mac to the 1Password.com account(import) but don't seem to be able to use on other computers(public and friends) without first installing the 1Password app.

To this is does not solve the problem of portability unlike 1Password anywhere where you can stick you USB into any computer an use it.

Thanks

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.16
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:public computers

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I want to you computer which is either public or not mine and still be able to fill in browsers with the passwords from my Family account. How do I do this?

@mjude: First, don't. Accessing sensitive information on a public or otherwise untrusted computer is not safe, and if you're using 1Password in the first place, it's probably to improve your security. Doing this really serves to negate that benefit. 1Password cannot protect your if the system itself is owned by someone else.

I have copied all my password my my mac to the 1Password.com account(import) but don't seem to be able to use on other computers(public and friends) without first installing the 1Password app.

Indeed, you can't. The browser integration works only with the 1Password apps.

To this is does not solve the problem of portability unlike 1Password anywhere where you can stick you USB into any computer an use it.

Just to clarify, 1PasswordAnywhere was also never intended to be used on untrusted machines. It was developed as a way for 1Password for Mac users to access their data on trusted PCs before we had a Windows app. The last thing we want to do is encourage anyone to do something that would compromise their security.

I know this really isn't the answer you wanted to hear, but security is something we take very seriously, and the last thing we want is for anyone to be hand over their data and become the victim of financial, data, account, or identity theft. If you have any other questions at all, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.