To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Is there a way to force 1Password for iOS to download all the attachments?

macvinz
macvinz
Community Member

Hi,

I recently signed up to 1Password Accounts and synced all my 1P data using 1Password online instead of Dropbox syncing. One big surprise I discovered was that all the attachments (jpg, pdf, etc) are now moved to a Documents category and linked to the various entries.

Another surprising thing I discovered is that the attachments were not downloaded to my iPhone--whenever I try to view an attachment, a note is shown saying "Download required" when trying to view an attachment. This means that if I will ever need to view a copy of my saved credit card or passport when I'm traveling and I don't have internet connection, I won't be able to view the attachment. I know that in Dropbox Sync, I was able to view attachments even without internet connection.

This brings me to my subject question--Is there a way to force 1Password for iOS to download all the attachments?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 1P iOS v6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @macvinz

Thanks for taking the time to write in about this.

It does seem we need to find some middle ground. The approach we take with Dropbox has the potential to cause some issues -- particularly for customers who have numerous or large attachments. But as you say, the current approach with Documents also provides some challenges.

Hopefully in the future we can come up with something that'll allow us to offer more options in this regard, but at present we do not have anything like that. Sorry!

Ben

• Empire01
    Empire01
    Community Member

I'm afraid this is proving a 'showstopper' for me. I too travel and frequently have no internet connection, which has caused me major problems on several occasions.
    Can I move all my items out of 1password.com into a new vault using dropbox? If I do what happens to all my documents that are appearing in 1password.com as separate documents if I do move them out?
    Thanks,
    Rob

• @Empire01 Thanks for the feedback. You can move your items to a Dropbox vault if you'd like. The link between the Documents and items they are linked to will break though. You'll need to re-attach those items manually. It may be easier to go through the Documents category and download each one of them.

This discussion has been closed.