[Feature request] ask to save when use a social connect to sign up

Options

hi,
today, many sites offer to sign up with facebook, google, linkedin, etc. but often I don't remember if I used a regular account not present in 1Password or if I signed up with a social connect.
in my opinion would be usefull if the the browser plug-in will ask as for the normal sign in / sign up to save in the app if you use a social connect to do it

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @Catello,

I've seen this request once before. I'm not sure what the best way of achieving such a behaviour would be but I did propose a workaround while 1Password doesn't have a native solution.

The first part is to create a Login item for the site. Set the Login item to Never submit (the option is only visible when editing the Login item if on a Mac) and set the username to something like SSO using Google or whatever makes the most sense to you. The idea is it won't attempt to log in and instead it will fill in text that should help prompt how to authenticate with this site. You could also alter the title although if you tend to use the keyboard shortcut **⌘** you'll rarely see the title and you could even add a custom icon for the site using the icon for the SSO service you're using.

It isn't elegant but it should help for when you use another service to authenticate. At the moment it isn't possible to have 1Password mimic clicking on a specific button on a page. The data structure we use to store a Login item wasn't really designed with this sort of thing in mind so my suspicion such a feature wouldn't be a quick alteration and done. Hopefully the suggested workaround offers a bit of relief while the request is considered.

• Catello
    Catello
    Community Member
    Options

hi littlebobbytables,
    thanks for you suggestion, I will use it. Obviously if will be implemented would be amazing :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of lil bobby, you are most welcome! I'm glad that helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.