Start with categories instead of favorites view is bad

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hello, I'm not sure if this is a change with the new beta or is it something because I switched to 1P Account system today. But if I start 1Password I see the categories instead of favorites view first.

In my point of view this is a degradation. I like to see favorites first. Here are my icons I need most of the time. In rare cases I need an other login I'm very fast with the search bar.

Now I need more clicks and more time to find the right entry with the categories view first.

Please switch back to start the app with favorites again or please make a possibility inside settings where your customer can choose which view he likes first. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Philipp. You should indeed start on the Favorites (if you have favorited items) screen when first launching 1Password after it's been exited from the background. However, if 1Password is left running in the background, and you bring it back up, it will open to the last screen you were viewing. It sounds like you may have been viewing the Categories screen before relaunching the app from the background.

Can you test that out and let me know if that's the case? Thanks!

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi @peri
    When the app is closed (also from the background), then - at the next launch - it starts with the category view always. Only when I do not remove it from app switcher it starts again with the same point where I left the app.
    In previous version (when the app was closed also from the background) 1Password started with the favorites view always. I think this is the better way.

• I'm not able to reproduce this issue, @Philipp. 1Password always launches to my Favorites screen after exiting. Can you confirm that you still have items marked as Favorites after migrating your data to your 1Password account?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Yes @peri I have 13 items marked as favorite. Maybe for more details: I have a Nexus 5X with Android 7 and 1Password version 6.4.1b1

• @Philipp If you tap Settings > Vaults, do you see that the vaults with Favorited items are toggled on there?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

@peri I'm not sure what you mean. I have a German system. Here I have settings (Einstellungen) > 1Password-accounts (1Password-Konten). Do you mean with "Vaults" maybe "1Password-accounts"? There I have no settings to change to Favorites or something like this.

• peri
    edited September 2016

@Philipp Okay thanks for checking. You'll only see Vaults in Settings if you have more than one vault, so it sounds like you only have one.

One more thing--let's make sure the Favorited items are supported on Android. If they're Documents, they won't show up on Android and therefore won't be listed. Can you tap Categories > Logins, select any Login, and tap the star icon to mark it as a Favorite (temporarily) so we can see if this is the issue?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

@Peri All my favorites are favorites from the login category. But I have chosen a new item from the login category. If I switch to the favorites I can see this icon here. After closing the app and restart there was no change. The app is not starting with the favorites first, instead I see the categories again.

• @Philipp Can you tell me how you're exiting 1Password?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

@peri Sure: I click the home button, then I click the app switcher button and wipe 1Password to left/right side.

• Hmm...I'm still not able to reproduce this, @Philipp. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

@peri Email is sent to you. Thanks for your helping hand.

• peri
    edited September 2016

No problem. We'll take a look and get back to you soon! :)
    ref: QFC-36742-414

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi @peri Thank you for your support. I installed the update and now it's working correct again.

• Glad to hear it, @Philipp! :)

This discussion has been closed.