Feature request: Let me have different options for "Always open to" for 1Password mini

Options

Hi,

First of all, I love 1Password! Thanks for the great work that you put into this product!

Second: See title. I find that when I use 1Password mini, I want to have it set to "All vaults" as I use credentials from both shared and private vaults while browsing the web, while I want to have "Last used vault" for the desktop client as I am almost exclusively working in a shared vault with the desktop client.

Please excuse me if this has already been requested, I didn't find anything when I searched.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vichle: Thanks for the kind words! It sounds like this may not relate to the browser extensions. Are you requesting this feature for 1Password for Mac, so that it will open to the vault you were using previously? That's certainly something we can consider for a future version. :)

• vichle
    vichle
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Sorry if I was unclear. The browser extension for Chrome on MacOS seems to use the settings from the desktop client for the "Always open to" setting. I want it to have its own setting for this, as I use the browser extension in a different way than the desktop application. In the browser I almost always want to search in all vaults, while I want the desktop application to remember which vault I was using last time. I hope this makes my request more clear.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vichle: Ah, I understand. Thanks for clearing that up for me. The browser extension is controlled entirely by the main 1Password app, but perhaps in the future we'll be able to add more flexibility for both remembering the "vault selection". Thanks again for bringing this up! :)

• vichle
    vichle
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks for the swift reply!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! We're here for you if you have any other comments, questions, or suggestions! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.