To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Resetting MasterPassword on multiple devices

Options
MasterTaka
MasterTaka
Community Member

Good morning, I installed 1Password on 3 devises (MAC, iPad and iPhone). I then forgot my MasterPassword, therefore deleted it the Vault on iCloud, reinstalled app on my Mac and created a new MasterPassword. So all works fine on the MAC, however I now cannot logon to the iPad or iPhone instances of 1Password as it is still using the old Master Password that I have forgotten. I searched the forum but the only guide I found requires me to logon to resolve this issue. Can you please let me know how I can synch to bring all devises onto the updated / new Master Password and use the same Vault on icloud. Thanks!

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Latest
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MasterTaka

I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble with your Master Password! It sounds like you didn't lose any data, so that's the good news. Even better, it will be very easy for you to fix this. You only need to delete the app from your two iOS devices and download it again. When you open it for the first time, you need to pick the option "Use without an Account" and the next step will let you pick iCloud sync.

Please let us know how this goes for you and if 1Password is all set up on all your devices :chuffed:

• MasterTaka
    MasterTaka
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar,

Thank you very much. All working now!! :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MasterTaka

That's great news! You're very welcome, I hope that everything goes smoothly for you from now on, but if you need anything else please don't hesitate to ask, we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.