1Password won't fill my login info on Shaw.ca My Account...

Options

I can't get 1Password to save or fill my login information on Shaw.ca My Account website...

https://signon.shaw.ca/?application=manage&goto=https://myaccount.shaw.ca/Home

1Password doesn't recognize the website to automatically save my info - so I created a manual entry (following the steps on the support page).

1Password then won't fill in my logon information...or the website won't allow it...?

It doesn't seem to want to cooperate...which is very un-Canadian for 2 Canadian companies!

Thanks

Marc

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @BillyBob13053,

I have a hunch, can you let me know please how much of this is correct :smile:

1. You're a Mac user.
    2. Your preferred browser is Safari.
    3. You have version 4.5.8 of the 1Password Safari Extension installed.

If that is accurate, and I feel somewhat confident that it is, can you try the following please.

1. Uninstall the 1Password Safari Extension.
    2. Restart Safari. This is important due to caching issues.
    3. Install version 4.5.9 of the 1Password Safari Extension from our 1Password Browser Extensions page.
    4. Safari will ask if you trust the extension, please say yes.

We're patiently waiting for Apple to approve version 4.5.9 of the 1Password Safari Extension so that the newer version will appear in their Safari Extension Gallery. Until they do though it is offering version 4.5.8 which has a bug that we fixed in 4.5.9. I believe the issue you're suffering is this bug and that 1Password will fill the page properly once you have version 4.5.9 installed. Sorry about this, we were trying to improve the code and were bitten by some unexpected in the browser. Once we realised we spent a bit of time improving the supposed improved code so that it behaved properly :smile:

• BillyBob13053
    BillyBob13053
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

I do believe that you have a 2nd career as a psychic...Correct on all 3 counts above!

Installed 4.5.9 and it now works as advertised.

Thanks!!!

PS...great handle as well!

@BillyBob13053 (Marc)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016
    Options

ROFL I'm glad that helped! :lol:

I too was enthralled by lil bobby's powers of...deduction? Time to put on my tin foil hat though, just in case. Cheers! ;)

This discussion has been closed.