aa.com login issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: AA asks for UN, PW and Last Name.. how do I fill in all 3?.

Comments

• JimmyBond
    JimmyBond
    Community Member

Hi - just wanted to add to this: I was having same issue...1Password was not saving the middle name (even though I had entered the field "lastName" manually it would not autofill). Tried to enter the log-in details and use "settings" save as suggested above and it didn't work.
    BUT...finally deleted 1Pass entry for the site (after copying user and pass to a word doc), then went back and did the 'Settings' save as suggested above, and 1Password grabbed all three fields so it is working now.

Oddly, the 'lastname' entry looks identical to how I had it set up manually. The name/value/type/designation are EXACTLY the same, the only difference is that the extension will auto-fill the lastname field and before it wouldn't. I have a spouse account and her 1Pass settings for AA are exactly the same for the lastname field and it won't autofill, so for some weird reason the only way to have the app grab and auto-fill that last name is to have it record the log-in FROM SCRATCH, no other way to force it to fill the field later even if everything entered correctly. Recording this so someone searching forums in the future can learn from it...delete the entry and start new for it to all work!
    (for reference: I'm using 1Pass version 4.6.0.604 (15), extension 4.5.9 (firefox), OS version 6.2.9200)

• JimmyBond
    JimmyBond
    Community Member

Also note (after learning the hard way): the main AA.com homepage uses "loginform.lastname" as a field name whereas the 'sub' page recommended above uses just plain "lastname" so if you save from the second page it WILL NOT WORK on the main AA homepage - it will fill user and pass but will not fill the last name; you will get redirected as an error to that second page. The fix is to add the credentials from the main AA.com homepage, using the settings method above - this time I did a 'replace' on the existing AA log-in and the last name field works fine now (but that sub-page now won't auto-fill last name, since it is named differently)

Not sure if someone can check into this site and how to fix 1Password so it plays nice both with the AA homepage (AA.com) and also the non-homepage logins? (e.g. https://www.aa.com/loyalty/login/submit) Right now my 1password login will save LastName for one but it doesn't work on the other...would appreciate knowing a workaround

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JimmyBond: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion in the browser filling category of the forums since you're using the stable version of 1Password for Windows instead of the old version of 1Password for Mac.

BUT...finally deleted 1Pass entry for the site (after copying user and pass to a word doc), then went back and did the 'Settings' save as suggested above, and 1Password grabbed all three fields so it is working now.

Thanks for letting me know my suggested workaround helped! It's made a big difference for me.

Oddly, the 'lastname' entry looks identical to how I had it set up manually. The name/value/type/designation are EXACTLY the same, the only difference is that the extension will auto-fill the lastname field and before it wouldn't.

As I mentioned previously, manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the login form. When you add information to a login item by hand, it can sometimes help, but 1Password doesn't have any context for how to use it on the actual webpage; it just has to make and educated guess.

Not sure if someone can check into this site and how to fix 1Password so it plays nice both with the AA homepage (AA.com) and also the non-homepage logins? (e.g. https://www.aa.com/loyalty/login/submit) Right now my 1password login will save LastName for one but it doesn't work on the other...would appreciate knowing a workaround

I'm really sorry for the frustration this has caused you. Currently it isn't possible for 1Password to fill a login saved on one page on the other. We're exploring ways for improving this in a future update. Thanks for your feedback on this!

ref: BRAIN-303

• JimmyBond
    JimmyBond
    Community Member

glad I could help. Still weird that Lastname is good on one AA site and not on another, but I have just accepted that I can type my last name in and have 1Pass autofill the rest.

moreover I am grateful to you for teaching me that 'settings' workaround to add login items - one thing that wasn't working for me (and still isn't) is passport info. I have passport info saved as a 'wallet' entry. But on a site like an airline check-in that requires passport info, there is no browser toolbar option to 'fill' the passport info. (credit cards yes, passport no) BUT...using your 'settings' workaround, I added the passport info in the 'checkin' screen as a specific entry for each airline. It isn't perfect, but for United and American at least I now have a separate browser 'login' for checkin where it will fill all the passport fields that are asked for during checkin (expiry, number, birth date, etc etc). Basically I will only have to go through all the hassle once per airline.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JimmyBond: You're totally welcome! I'm pretty excited that you took my tip and implemented your own solution with it! :sunglasses: :+1:

While 1Password isn't designed to fill things like passport and Social Security Numbers (and therefore this may break in an update: we definitely want to prioritize login filling), that's a really cool trick you came up with! I suspect it may not work on every airline/travel website, but I can see how that would be really convenient. We have our hands full just trying to make login filling work with so many different websites, but perhaps in the future we can explore filling more things like that too. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.