One of my passwords is visible on my watch before the sign in process is complete. After iOS update

Options
Ron_N
Ron_N
Community Member

Before I signed into 1Password on my iPhone, I tried to sign in on my iwatch but it wouldn't sign in. Did not get an error message it just crashed after a while. During the time I was trying to sign in, a user name and password was visible the entire time. After I signed in to 1Password on my iPhone, I was able to sign in on my iwatch but the password is visible during the sign in process.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Password visible while signing in on iwatch.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ron_N: Thanks for reaching out! I've encountered a similar issue myself with a number of apps. watchOS actually caches a screenshot of the previous state of an app to use while it launches (when the app icon displays with a spinning ring around it). And since watchOS manages memory on its own automatically, this means that the state 1Password is in when this happens cannot be controlled. Unfortunately there isn't anything that apps can do to prevent this, but we're exploring ways to improve 1Password using the new features in watchOS 3. In the mean time, 1Password isn't able to "lock" itself, but you can always lock it with force-touch. That way watchOS cannot display anything the next time it launches the app. I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.