To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have a new iPhone 7. I can't access my 1Password account using iCloud.

drafh
drafh
Community Member

I can't access my account on my new iPhone. The mapessage read iCoud data cannot be found

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a new iPhone 7. I can't access my 1Password account using iCloud.

Comments

• Hi @drafh! Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new iPhone. Do you still have your old one, by chance? That would be the easiest way to sync things. If you just used 1Password on your iPhone, you likely did not have an account. If you have a 1Password subscription, you'd have an account with that. Learn more about the difference between a 1Password subscription and a standalone license.

If you have your old iPhone, I would recommend simply syncing it with iCloud:

How to sync 1Password with iCloud

If you don't have your old iPhone, there are a few things we can try.

Did you back up your device to iTunes? You can locate and restore a backup when you used to have 1Password installed and your data should also be included: https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204184

If you don't have a backup, I'm afraid you'll have to start over from scratch. Using 1Password in your browser, you can start saving your passwords again and rebuild your collection. I would also recommend signing up for an account as we have a free 6-month promotion running right now, and that will help ensure this doesn't happen again.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.