Duplicate items after setting up account

Options
KingsleyB
KingsleyB
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Families

I had a single account on two PC's and two Mac's and moved over to the new family account. I followed the instructions using the QR code method and selected 'move' as was indicated in the video. As a result on my Mac I now have a complete duplicate set of items. Is there a simple way to remove the duplicates and am I going to have the same problem with each computer I update now from the single license version? My account is stored in Dropbox.

Cheers

Kingsley

1Password Version: mac 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:moving to a family account has resulted in duplicate records

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KingsleyB

I'm sorry to hear that you bumped into some trouble while migrating into 1Password Families. Could you please give us a few more details so we can help you better? :chuffed: Could you please check if you're on "All vaults" view and the items are still on your Primary vault and on your Personal and that's causing the duplicates? Are the duplicates all in your Personal Vault? Have you made any change to the items since you moved them?

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get you sorted out and set up with 1Password families! :chuffed:

• KingsleyB
    KingsleyB
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Pilar,

I am a little frustrated at the moment with 1Password. Since I purchased the product a couple of years ago everything worked fine through Dropbox Sync up until the new family account implementation. My partner and I share 1Password so we only need one shared vault. I never had any problems and moved my accounts up to 20+ characters. On the weekend I followed the instructions and video step by step on the AB site for Mac and then the problems occurred.

Across both platforms (PC and Mac) I now have different situations. The vault is currently in Dropbox.

On the Mac, I'm using v6, When on all vaults I get 1002 items with some appearing three times. I think I have about 588 items from memory. When I select Primary no items are shown. When I select Kingsley J Burton->Personal no items are displayed. When I select Kingsley J Burton -> Shared all 1002 (and the triplicates) are shown.

I have not made any changes to the passwords and resorted back to my manual method which is very very time consuming.

On the PC I am using 4.6.0.604, when the vault opens, no items are displayed under All or Unassigned, with all of them (588 and no duplicates) in the Trash.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KingsleyB

I can see a couple of issues here. In one hand it sounds like you moved (or the first time copied) your items twice, once from your Mac an once from your PC. That's where the duplicates come from. On the other hand, I'm a bit confused about your Windows configuration. Have you installed the Beta version of 1Password 6? 1Password accounts only works with 1Password 6, so if you're using 1Password 4 that would explain some things. Could you please check this and let me know so we can figure things out?

In order to easily restore your items, can you please tell me how many items appear to be on the Trash of your Primary Vault? If you had not trashed many items you can just: go to the Primary Vault, the go to Trash. Click on Select All > Item > Restore Item from Trash. Then delete everything from your shared vault, and move the items again.

Please let me know how this goes, and if you bump into any trouble, just come by here and we'll get it sorted out :chuffed:

• KingsleyB
    KingsleyB
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Pilar, Currently I have 1Password6 Beta and 1Password 4 on my Windows machine. When I open 1Password 6 Beta there are no items in the logins, and I have 592 items in my Trash. When I open 1Password 4 the items are in my Trash as well. Please note that I hadn't trashed any items at all.

In 1Password 6 Beta, there is no Select All>Item>Restore Item from Trash option available.

In 1Password 4, I can see that option and have restored from Trash.

1Password 5 Beta, has not sync-ed and 592 items are showing in the Trash.

Cheers

Kingsley

• Jacob
    edited September 2016
    Options

@KingsleyB Thanks for the update! To get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report your Windows machine and your Mac?

Send a diagnostics report from a Mac
    Send a diagnostics report from a Windows device

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Dear @KingsleyB,

Also, could you please share a diagnostics report from 1Password 6 beta for Windows? It has built-in support for Diagnostics Reports. First, reproduce the problem you are encountering and then create the Diagnostics Report. To create a Diagnostic Report, enter /log/save in the search field of the main 1Password 6 app and 1Password 6 will output a file for you to save. Please send it to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com.

As Jacob mentioned above, please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email.

This way we can see your whole setup and find out what is going on.

Thanks in advance! :+1:

• KingsleyB
    KingsleyB
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Jacob and Greg, I have sent you both the diagnostics with the current status. Cheers Kingsley

• @KingsleyB Thanks for sending that over! We'll get back to you once the appropriate team member gets a chance to take a look and let us know what they think is happening. :) I appreciate your patience while we investigate.

ref: MRN-68739-189

• KingsleyB
    KingsleyB
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Jacob

• :+1: :) Talk to you soon.

This discussion has been closed.