Apple Watch - take me directly inside my note!!

rochak
rochak
Community Member

I have a note created with my building security pin code. I have kept my 1Password open in dock under WatchOS 3 for instant access. However when I open the app from my dock a few hours later, it opens at the "notes page" and not inside the note where my pins are

How do I make this sticky and stop making 1Password override me to take me back to main notes section

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rochak: There isn't currently a way to do this since watchOS launches the app fresh if it's been purged from memory. If the app is still in memory, however, watchOS should display it just where you left off.

I don't think I've heard of (or thought of) this use case before, so I'd like to hear a bit more about it. It sounds like you'd just prefer that 1Password always return to exactly where you were last in the app on your watch. Is that correct?

Thinking about this, it seems to me that, unlike the iOS app, that might be something many people would appreciate, if they're generally accessing the same info there repeatedly. Let me know what you think, and I'd love it if others weighed in as well. It's definitely something we can consider as we develop future versions of it Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• rochak
    rochak
    Community Member

Yes that's exactly what I want. Thanks for understanding

But if I have stored my 1Password on my Apple Watch dock - then doesn't watchos3 not purge the app?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016

@rochak: It seems like the apps in the Dock have a higher priority over others and therefore get purged less frequently, but I definitely need to wait for them to launch at times — even Apple's own, which surprised me a bit (though this may be because I have an "old" Apple Watch).

Thanks for confirming that's what you were asking for. If we can pull it off, I think that could be useful to a lot of people. And perhaps there are ways we can optimize the app overall so it loads faster, even if it's been purged. Here's hoping! :)

ref: OPI-3699

• rochak
    rochak
    Community Member

Thanks much

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise! :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.