iOS 10 new login bug

Options
khw1
khw1
Community Member

There is a bug in iOS 10 when creating a new login by the following steps
1. In the Login Category click + to start the process
2. Enter the login name, username and password, pressing the arrow each time to go to the next input field
3. Do NOT enter the website name but press Save instead
4. Subsequently, it is impossible to add a website name by editing the login. Click Edit and the website field is filled in with the words 'website' change this to a valid URL and the change is not saved. Add URL doesn't work either. It simply fills in the website name as 'website' and any changes are not saved.

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iOS 10 new login bug

Comments

• Hi @khw1,

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Unfortunately I've been unable to reproduce it. I followed the steps that you provided, but when I get to step 4 I am able to add a URL in the website field (which is what is supposed to go there, not a name):

Where it says "website" I just started typing the URL and was able to then save the item, which also saved the URL as you see above.

Ben

• khw1
    khw1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, Thanks for testing this. Just to be clear, at step 4 I can enter overtype the word 'website' and replace it with a valid URL, but the change is not saved. After entering the URL and pressing Done, the change is not saved; pressing Edit again just brings up the same screen with the website field pre-filled in with the word 'website'. I have rebooted both my iPad Pro and iPhone 6 Plus and can reproduce the behaviour each time. I can send you offline a screen video of the process if that helps.

• @khw1,

I just re-tested this on 6.4.4 and am still unable to reproduce it. If you can send us a video that would be great! Please email a link to support@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread in your message:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/69454/ios-10-new-login-bug#latest

Ben

This discussion has been closed.