To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What is the difference between annual account and $65 app in App Store?.

vyoshimura
vyoshimura
Community Member

I have the free app on my phone. I was looking into the "membership" account and then, when following the introductory emails, also found a $65 app in the App Store. What is the difference?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What is the difference between the annual account and the $65 app in the App Store?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Users have the option to go for a one-time payment or a subscription. For more info go to https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest

Personally, I would not buy from the App Store, as Apple don't allow trial versions, whereas a direct purchase from AgileBits allows 30 days free trial and after that a 30 day refund period.

For new users it's a personal preference between the one-time purchase and the subscription. With the sub you won't have to pay extra for any updates on any platform, whereas with the stand-alone licence you may have to pay an upgrade fee if there is a major upgrade. There are a few other advantages to the subscription, but they may not interest you (or you may not see them as advantages)

• Hi @vyoshimura, and welcome to our forum! It looks like danco covered things pretty well in his reply. I would recommend using a subscription account as well since it has automatic sync and you get 1Password on all your devices, not just the platform you purchased a license for. :) Let us know what you think after reading that forum post danco linked to. We're happy to help answer any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.