I would like a flag to turn off suggesting changing the stored password when its a one time key.

Options

when using banking sites and entering a 2-factor code, I would like to go to that specific record and turn off the "would you like to change the password" on the master record - gets painful but I still need it for other records when PW changes.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Turn off the change password prompt when using one time key

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Skfrew: Interesting! Can you provide the URLs where you're encountering this issue? While reading your description, I immediately knew what you were talking about...but had the realization that I haven't actually had 1Password offer to save a one-time password for me. This is actually a bit surprising, since it seems like it would be bound to happen at some point given the variety of sites out there. So I'd be interested to learn about some where this happens so we can try to improve things. Thanks in advance! :)

• Skfrew
    Skfrew
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. It has happened to me on multiple sites but the one that drives me nuts (I log in multiple times a day) is HSBC Bank.

When you log in, it asks for the one time key and 1P pops up with the do you want to create/change existing dialogue window. Then after being logged in, when you pay someone new, hsbc asks for another 1 time key and same thing happens. So what I ideally want to do is exclude hsbc in 1P from asking me any dialogue on hsbc.co.uk.

Cheers

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Skfrew: Thanks for getting back to me! If you already have your real login credentials saved in 1Password, then preventing it from offering to save logins there repeatedly may be the best solution for now while we investigate to see if we can improve this. Next time you get the autosave prompt, click the icon in the lower right and you can set it to never prompt you. This can also be configured manually in Preferences > Browsers. I hope this helps! :)

• Skfrew
    Skfrew
    Community Member
    Options

Cool thanks - I'll give it a shot.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.