Banktivity only requires a password (no user name) for use. How do I set this up in 1P?

Options
kgorske
kgorske
Community Member

Banktivity (prev. iBank) only requires a password to use (sign in). How is this set up?
ALSO, how do I change my user name: email address?

Ken Gorske

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Banktivity only requires a password (no user name) for use. How do I set this up in 1P?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kgorske,

Thanks for writing in with your question!

Banktivity (prev. iBank) only requires a password to use (sign in). How is this set up?

1Password should be able to fill sign-in forms on websites regardless of how many fields they have - it doesn't matter if there's only a password field, or both username and password fields, or additional fields. You don't need to do anything differently, it will work the same way as described here: Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC

Does that help? If you're having any difficulty saving a Login item for that site, or using that Login item to fill the sign-in page, please let us know.

ALSO, how do I change my user name: email address?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, because you said that site only asks for a password. But if you need to change any of your personal information stored on that site, you'll need to sign into your account on that site and find the account settings.

If you need anything else, we're here for you! :)

• kgorske
    kgorske
    Community Member
    Options

I don't seem able to get this to work. I have a Banktivity icon in the dock. When I select this I get an item which asks for my password. I enter the password and then the program opens. How can I get the login part of this to work without being asked to enter the password all the time?

• kgorske
    kgorske
    Community Member
    Options

When I select this I get an item which asks for my password. I enter the password and then the program opens. How can I get the login part of this to work without being asked to enter the password all the time?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kgorske

Can you please give us the link of the page where you're trying to use 1Password on? This will help sort out what's going on and if there's something not working well with 1Password :chuffed: I'm very sorry but I don't think I understand what you mean by:

How can I get the login part of this to work without being asked to enter the password all the time?

Would you mind please telling us what you mean so we can help you better and get 1Password working well for you?

I hope to hear back from you soon so 1Password works well for you on every site! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.