1password for windows checks for new version every time

I am using 1Password on Windows 7. Every time that I fill a login form using the firefox (v5.0) extension it checks for a new version of 1password. This obviously slows the process down considerably. I have disabled updates in 1password and the behaviour remains. Launching the program first also has no impact. THe same behaviour is not present in Chrome - it loads from the extension without checking for updates.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited July 2011
    Hey there, mcoz! Welcome to the forums.

That is strange indeed. I have never heard of such a thing. Do you mean that Firefox is checking for an updated extension, or that the main 1Password application is checking for an update?

If it is 1Password, please try uninstalling 1Password and downloading a fresh copy from our site and then reinstalling it. This will not affect your data, as it is stored separately (in your Documents folder, by default).

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)
  • Hi Brent - thanks for the quick reply. Have just done a reinstall and seems to have fixed the issue. I'll keep monitoring and let you know if anything changes.

Thanks again for the prompt answer.

Cheers
    mcoz
  • brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited July 2011
    Awesome! Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear you don't have to deal with that anymore. That was just weird. laugh.gif
This discussion has been closed.