sophos find a Troj/DocDI-EFK on com.agilebits.onepassword4.safariextensioncompanion ???

Options
Stef_1998
Stef_1998
Community Member

sacnning my mac sophos find this trojan "Troj/DocDI-EFK on com.agilebits.onepassword4.safariextensioncompanion"
on an agilebits file. is this normal?

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:sophos find a Troj/DocDI-EFK on com.agilebits.onepassword4.safariextensioncompanion

Comments

• Hi @Stef_1998,

Due to the way that Sophos is scanning your mac its encountering an alias that the system creates as part of sandboxing. As it scans it encounters ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword4.safariextensioncompanion/Data/Library/Mail before it reaches ~/Library/Mail the result of that is that it makes it look like the nefarious file is inside our container when in actuality it is in your ~/Library/Mail folder.

You'll still want to delete the file, but it isn't a 1Password specific problem.

Rudy

• Stef_1998
    Stef_1998
    Community Member
    Options

thx!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Stef_1998,

Other examples of the issue with Sophos scanning that Rudy mentioned are in an older discussion: here.

Also, back in April I referred to this in the Sophos Home for Mac | MacUpdate listing:

Sophos Home for Mac seems to treat aliases as if they're actual folders rather than links to folders. - Sophos Home for Mac - Sophos Home - Sophos Community

Similar for Sophos scans following symbolic links.

A week later, Sophos replied:

Sorry, I just noticed this. You can report it on the support forums. The link that sjk replied with has the question in the old Mac AV forum. I asked our forum support group to move it to the Sophos Home section so it can get attention from our Sophos Home engineers. I would also recommend posting your version of the problem as well. Sometimes they reach out with a PM and troubleshoot the problem personally with you. https://community.sophos.com/products/sophos-home/

I didn't follow up again, and that "old Mac AV forum" post is actually in "Sophos Home for Mac" now.

Just thought you might be interested in some addition background about this. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.