How many vaults can I have with 1Password family plans?

naythiha
naythiha
Community Member

I'm using 1Password with Dropbox sync for myself, family and team - one vault each in Dropbox for all. I'm on trial period for individual plan. I would like to know how many vaults can I have for myself - and to share with family members on family subscription plan? Can I control which members have assess to which vault? How many vaults can family members create theirselves for private use?

I also like to know do I need to set another master password for additional vault on 1Password subscription plan. With Dropbox I have to set each master password for each additional vault. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @naythiha! 1Password Families has unlimited vaults for you and any family members. :) Family Organizers are administrators of the account and they can manage vault access, so you can make someone else an organizer if you'd like them to manage access as well. Organizers are the only members who can add and remove vaults too, so keep that in mind when organizing things. If you don't create any custom vaults, each member gets a Personal vault that only they can access and access to the Shared vault, which everyone in the family automatically gets added to.

I also like to know do I need to set another master password for additional vault on 1Password subscription plan. With Dropbox I have to set each master password for each additional vault.

Each member sets their own Master Password when they get invited to the family account, but vaults do not have individual passwords. Since you can share a vault directly with a member, a vault password isn't necessary. ;) If you have a specific use case in mind, though, let us know so we can help with that.

• naythiha
    naythiha
    Community Member

Thnaks for your clarification! :)

AFAIK I will cost $5 for 5 members and an extra $1 each for additional members. How would it be if I use family plan for work as a small team as I'm doing with Office 365 Home for my small business? May I know any significant or not-suitable-for-work features or limitations?

• @naythiha No problem at all.

1Password Families isn't meant for business use. That's what 1Password Teams is for. :) We've got a special running on it right now, too, and you'll get all the features included in the Pro plan for the price of the Standard one. As far as features go, there are lots of additional ones specifically suited for teams:

• Fine-grained permission control. Give a member read access, write access, restrict their ability to export, and limit sharing outside an account to certain members. There's a lot of possibility here.
    • Custom groups. Organize your team with groups for each section of it. That may not apply since your team is small, but custom groups also has another feature...
    • Custom roles. Assign specific roles to each group. Some can see the Admin Console, for example, and others can recover accounts. But they don't have to be Admins to get this ability — they inherit it from a group, which is more refined.
    • Activity log. See what is changed and who changes it. An audit log for your passwords.
    • More storage. Store documents in your team account with storage per member, rather than for the whole account.

And there's more coming. We've been working on multi-factor authentication with Duo, a big feature that will be 1Password Teams exclusive. Keep an eye out for more goodies as well. :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

We've been working on multi-factor authentication with Duo, a big feature that will be 1Password Teams exclusive.

So Duo is not coming to Families? :(

• I don't expect it will. It's a tool meant for companies, and we have some other ideas for family and individual accounts.

• naythiha
    naythiha
    Community Member

Thanks a lot for your clarification @jacob. :)

• On behalf of Jacob, who is enjoying a well earned day off, you’re very welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.