To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Import .agilekeychain Items from Dropbox

Options
kylerphillips
kylerphillips
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Memberships

I have a Personal 1Password.com account that is used as my Primary Vault. Is there any way to import .agilekeychain items from Dropbox for other vaults? Currently I get a message that it's not currently supported.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.3.3 (633000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12 (16A323)
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kylerphillips: I'm sorry or the confusion! AgileKeychain isn't exported data; it's your actual vault! So you can open 1Password for Mac and copy your data from that vault to one in your 1Password Account (after you've logged in there). Just follow this guide:

Migrate to a 1Password Account

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

• kylerphillips
    kylerphillips
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @brenty - is there any way to get around the following message?

"Importing from keychains is not currently supported in vaults from 1Password accounts."

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kylerphillips: Can you give me some context? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of what you're seeing. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Did you run into trouble with a specific step in that guide? If you're following that, there's no need to do any exporting or importing; you simply copy data from one vault to another. Let me know!

• kylerphillips
    kylerphillips
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

@brenty This is the message I get when trying to import .agilekeychain vaults into my 1Password.com Account on the Mac.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kylerphillips: Indeed. As I mentioned earlier, follow the steps in this guide to copy your data from your old vault to the new one(s):

Migrate to a 1Password Account

If you keep trying to use the "Import" feature, it will not work, and you'll keep getting that same error. It's also much easier to simply copy your data from your existing vault to those in your 1Password Account, rather than adding unnecessary steps.

Have you signed into your 1Password Account in the app? If so, you just need to select the data in your Primary vault and "Share" to copy them to that. Let me know! :)

This discussion has been closed.