Request: Provide numbers above password characters to easily search for specified characters

Options

Some logins specifically request certain characters from your password, not the whole password. I'm specifically thinking of online banking logins, and 'Verified by VISA' and 'Mastercard SecureCard' secondary authentications. I've got all these passwords saved in my 1Password vault, and always try to use long, complex passwords for them. However, when I then need to re-enter at a later date, I need to count through the characters - very tedious on 20- or 30-digit passwords!

Icing on the cake would be for 1Password to allow you to enter the specific characters you're looking for (e.g. "1,2,15" or "1,5,12,18", etc.). Otherwise, spacing the password out and showing character numbers above the password would be a great help.

1Password Version: 6.3.3 (633001)
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016
    Options

@pjlewis: I'm really sorry to say that we won't be adding numbers above the characters in your password...because we've put them below it! ;)

If you view your login details, you can click the menu to the right of the password to select Large Type. Dragging the window will pin it until you close it, so you can use that to help in your struggle against these "n th character" demands. I'm glad that Visa hasn't done this to me yet. I hope this helps you at least! :)

• pjlewis
    pjlewis
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent - looks like it'll do exactly what I want! Thanks for the heads-up :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! I wish there were an easier way, but it's the least we can do to help when websites make us jump through these kinds of hoops. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.