Feature Request: columns view ordered by folder

Options
tIPODgraphic
tIPODgraphic
Community Member

You can order of your items (clicking on the top of the columns) by title, website, user, security and dates. I would like to see the option to order of the list or just to see the folder which an entry it belongs. Now, you only can see this if you select a item, little annoying. This feature was in the older versions and I miss a lot.

Kind regards,

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tIPODgraphic,

Thank you for taking the time to write us with your request! It sounds like you're using the "Top" layout view in the main 1Password app, which shows your data in columns. I believe 1Password 3 for Mac had a 'Folder' column, and I'm not quite sure why that isn't an option in newer versions. I can't make any promises about if or when we might (re)add that column to the Top layout, but I can certainly let our developers know you're interested in it.

For now, as you mentioned, you can see which Folder an item belongs to in the item details. Or you can simply click on a folder in the left sidebar of 1Password to see all the items it contains (the folders are listed there alphabetically). I know that's not the same as being able to sort by folder in the columns in Top layout, though.

Thanks again for your suggestion! If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

• tIPODgraphic
    tIPODgraphic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew. Yes, I'm a old user of 1Password, has gone long and amazing improvements since then. It would be nice if this feature comes back, and I will appreciate a lot. Thank you very much for answering.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tIPODgraphic

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! Stay around to see which path takes 1Password in the future, it's always full of surprises :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.