Mismatch between password field and password in web form details [known bug, will be fixed]

formula155
formula155
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I have a login stored, and when I look at the info for the site I see a password field displayed. I can use the drop down to the right of the password field to reveal the password. There is also a button saying show web form details - when I click this additional username and password fields are displayed, and the password is different from the main password. When I try to log into the site, it gives me a password error, but if I hand type the password I have stored in the main password field I can log in fine. I suspect 1password is trying to usde the password that is revealed when I click the show web form details button. There seems to be no way to edit or remove this password.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.0173d
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• That's an interesting issue, @formula155.

It could be a number of things. It's definitely odd that the password stored seems to be different from what is in the web form details section, since it draws from there. It might be an issue with the site itself.

Would you be willing to share the name and address of the site if it's nothing sensitive? We'd like to try for ourselves.

• formula155
    formula155
    Community Member

The site is Arccos Golf, specifically the dashboard part, for which the url is:

https://dashboard.arccosgolf.com/login

• Hey @formula155,

I've been made aware of the fact that the discrepancy between the password that is visible in the password area in an item and the web form details is a known bug but 1Password draws the information from the password field and not the web form details.

I've checked the site and found that 1Password will fill the correct number of characters for me.

Can you please edit the item and double-check the password?
    After that, please restart the app and try filling again.

Thanks!

• dennisATX
    dennisATX
    Community Member

I want to add weight to finish the functionality of Web Form Details.

I recently moved from the standalone version of 1Password to the "Family" version, and after importing entries from my previous vault I now have a bunch of entries with Web Form Details that I cannot alter.

This becomes a problem when things get out of date, and I cannot modify them to keep them current.

Looking forward to rapid improvements to the Win Beta client. It is currently barely tolerable.

thanks
    D

• Hi @dennisATX,

This has been fixed a while ago, the import in the latest version will import the web form details data correctly and align it to the main username/password fields.

If you edit the username/password, it will update the data in the web form details as long as they're properly designated as such. However, we will add full editing support in a future update.

For now, if you're having an issue with a site, we've added autosave to 1Password 6 recently, so you can autosave a new Login for the site and it will save the right data for you. You may have to change the original item first because it won't autosave if there'e an existing item and we are working on adding manual save/Login update soon.

This discussion has been closed.