Out of sync and conflicted files now

Options
rvm
rvm
Community Member

Hello. I can't even start explaining how frustrated I am. I have all my data in 1password, so when it breaks it freaking ruins my day trying to fix it. Nothing like updating your credit card info, just to have 1password **** it up and now I can't buy anything online because my credit card is somewhere else - I THOUGHT I had it in my 1password!

So I sync to dropbox. Somehow, I got out of sync and now I have a crap ton of files showing "david's conflicted copy". The problem is, I spent a freaking hour or two updating all my credt cards, memberships, licenses, etc. so I could freaking use it. Now though it has reverted to all my old settings - old names of logins, old password, old credit card numbers, and old expiration dates for those credit cards.

How can I force it to use the correct database files rather than what it reverted to? Do I need to go through and rename 1,400 files (take away the "conflicted" designation)? What the hell?

I've tried a few things including running it locally rather than synced to dropbox, deleting the whole DB and bringing in only files I thought were relevent, and creating a new vault and importing the files I thought were right. Nothing. Argh.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.11.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:out of sync

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rvm,

I'm very sorry you're running into such an odd problem with conflicts in your vault! I can't imagine how frustrated I would be if that happened to me. We'll do our best to help you with this!

1Password for Mac automatically makes backups of your data, so it's possible there's a backup that contains your updated items before the conflicts appeared. Before restoring from any backups, you should first make a new backup of your current 1Password data. From the main 1Password app, go to File > Backup. That will open the Backup preferences and show all your backups (including the new one you just made).

Once you've done that, you can try restoring from a backup in that list. Select a backup from before the conflicts happened, then click Restore (you'll need to enter your master password to complete the restore). If that doesn't have the correct data (i.e. updated & without the conflicts), you can try restoring from another backup (try restoring from as many backups as you'd like).

Does that help to get back to the "pre-conflicted" state, with the updated items? If for some reason you can't find a backup that has the "correct" set of data, do you sync 1Password with other devices? If so, do the conflicts also appear on those devices? Or if you sync with other Macs, you can also try restoring from backups on those Macs.

Restoring from a backup will disable the sync settings in 1Password on the device where you do the restore. It might also be a good idea to disable sync on the other devices you sync with 1Password, as it sounds like the conflict problem may have been sync-related. An easy way to do that is to remove the .agilekeychain or .opvault sync file from your Dropbox folder (instead of deleting the sync file, just move it from Dropbox to the Desktop on one of your Macs). On your other devices, 1Password will detect that the sync file was removed, and sync will be disabled.

Please let us know how it goes, and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.