Mac App missing items in "preferences" / iOS "Primary" vault not syncing to Mac app-1Password

Options
Oblithe
Oblithe
Community Member

I just downloaded the Mac App, (MacOS Sierra). My preferences tab is missing several headers as shown in your support documentation. My Mac app does not have "Sync" nor "Wi-Fi Server". However, the Mac app does have "All Vaults" and your online support does not.

I have been using the iOS app for years and only have a Primary Vault. I just joined 1Password for Mac, (subscription purchase from your store). I have signed into my new 1Password account on my iPad/iPhone/and Mac. On the Mac I have created two other vaults. The New vaults sync flawlessly between all devices. However the iOS Primary vault does not sync with the Mac app at all. I have several hundred entries, and really don't want to move them one-by-one.
I understand the iOS app using iCloud can't sync anything other than the Primary app. However, because the Mac app is missing "sync" in settings, I am able to change the syncing method.
Thoughts?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.3 (633001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: MacOS Sierra 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud / 1 Password
Referrer: forum-search:primary not syncing

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Oblithe

I'm sorry about the confusion with 1Password. If you have that many items in your iOS device the easiest path for you will be to enable local vaults in your computer, sync via iCloud, and migrate your data into your account from there.

First of all, in your Mac go to Preferences > Advanced and then enable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts". Once that is done, follow the instruction here to set up iCloud sync (it's the easiest t set up). Once all your data is in your Primary vault on your Mac, you have to migrate your data.

Please let us know if you try this and if it all goes well. If you have any questions we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.