Safari and Chrome Extension will not synch with web and app

Options
Zieh
Zieh
Community Member

I have recently downloaded your app, chrome and safari extension. However, upon receipt of my company invite, only the web dashboard synchronizes with my company account. The app doesn't synch. And whenever i try to open a site from the vault in the web dashboard, the browser extension of both chrome and safari will not yield the specific password.

Unit:

Macbook Pro 2011
OS 10 El Capitan

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thank you

Zieh

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 6.3.3
OS Version: OS 10 El Capitan 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Zieh,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble syncing your account data with 1Password for Mac!

...only the web dashboard synchronizes with my company account. The app doesn't synch.

To make sure I understand: You can see some data in your account when you sign in from 1Password.com, but you don't see that same data in the 1Password app on your Mac? If so, it sounds like perhaps you haven't signed into your account from the app. Please make sure you've followed the steps here: Set up the apps and import your data

If you have any existing data in the 1Password app on your Mac that isn't in your account (i.e. it doesn't show up when you sign into your account on 1Password.com), you can also follow the steps on the above page to move items from your local vault to your account vault.

And whenever i try to open a site from the vault in the web dashboard, the browser extension of both chrome and safari will not yield the specific password.

The 1Password browser extension doesn't communicate with 1Password.com - instead, it communicates with the 1Password app on your Mac, so you'll need to have your data in the app. Once you sign into your account from the app, you should be able to use the browser extension by following the steps here: Sign in to a site with 1Password

Does that help? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.