Auto Post Works Incorrectly On The "My Social Security" Page

New user testing out Families. I am using it with a Win 10 PC (and an iPhone). Ran into an issue with Auto Fill / Post on the "My Social Security" page with Firefox. When I use the browser extension to fill in the credentials that goes OK (I think), but, then the extension seems to Auto Post the wrong request. There is a button on that page for both Existing Users ("Sign In") and New Users ("Create An Account"). The Auto Post function seems to Post the New User request because I am taken to a new account creation page. I tested with Chrome and the problem was not present, but, that may be simply because the Auto Post function does not seem to work with Chrome on several (any?) sites. I therefore get to select the button myself.

The URL is:

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

Is there a workaround? Can I disable Auto Post globally or on a site by site basis?

I have not tried enabling Beta for the Firefox extension. Updating is set to Default and it was last updated: 9/28/16.

1Password Version: 6.0.239d
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Familes

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jwlent55: You're absolutely right. The 1Password 6 beta is using "Create an account" instead of "Sign in" here for some reason. Thanks for reporting this!

It works as expected in the other apps using the same extension, so I've brought this up with the Windows development team to get this fixed. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

In the mean time, if you want to, you can disable this feature in 1Password Settings > Options > Browser > Automatically sign in... I hope this helps! :)

ref: OPW6-612

This discussion has been closed.