Attachments in Secure Notes are missing on my desktop, but visible on my laptop.

mikewson
mikewson
Community Member

The text of secure notes stay synced both ways, But the attachments are totally missing on the desktop computer. The attachments are visible on my laptop. I sync through Dropbox. I am using 1Password 6.3.3 on my desktop, and 1Password 6.3.1 on my laptop. My desktop is running Sierra and my laptop is on El Capitan.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:missing attachments

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mikewson,

I'm sorry you're running into a problem with attachments! We'll help you get them synced & working again one way or another.

The first thing to do is install the latest update for 1Password on your laptop (which is currently 6.3.3). Even if that doesn't solve the problem with attachments, it's better to have the latest installed to make sure you have all the latest fixes & improvements.

Assuming you still have the problem after updating, do you have all your latest 1Password data on your laptop? If so, you can reset 1Password on your desktop Mac and set it up again by re-syncing with your data in Dropbox. Before doing that, you should make a new backup of the 1Password data on both Macs as a precaution. From the main 1Password app, go to File > Backup. That will open the Backup preferences and show all your backups, including the new one you just made. Make sure to do this on both Macs.

To reset 1Password on your desktop Mac, open 1Password and make sure it is locked (if it's unlocked, click the padlock in the upper right corner to lock it), then go to Help > Troubleshooting > Start Over. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset, then the next time you launch 1Password 6, it should be like running it for the first time. It should find your data in Dropbox and ask if you want to use that data.

Once you've set it up and it completes the sync with Dropbox, do your attachments appear? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.